Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Little Underwater House

I built this underwater house right under my Shroom island. I built it because my spawn wasn't setting to the Shroom house (I don't think I had enough room) At first I was only going to make it out of dirt but because I wanted it to look special and because Id be using it quite a lot, I thought I may as well make something cool so I went with glass.

I Shaped the outline by placing a Jack-o-lantern at each corner where id be placing the glass, made a shell in front of the Jack-o-lanterns and placed a cobble stone border. Then I filled the shell with Wooden Planks, put a lid of Cobblestone over and finally put the glass  over all of it, leaving a little gap for my door. As you can see in the picture, the door is just a waterfall, From here is where I lit the Planks on fire and let them burn. Once the wood was gone, I mined out the Cobblestone, leaving me with a nice glass shell. I dug a hole one block down so the water would flow into there, however I found that it would drag me down to, taking long to get in, so what I did was mine a tunnel behind the block, place a Jack-o-lantern there and the water flowed into that tunnel letting me walk straight in. 


The empty shell of my glass house with Jack-o-lanterns at the entrance. I also removed all the dirt around the house and replaced it with sand, making it look a lot nicer. (This cant be seen in the second picture as I hadn't got around to it then)
My glass house fully filled with Piston tables (Learned from a friend) with cakes (I spent about one hour searching for cows for the milk, I finally found some cows about fifteenth minutes south of my Shroom island) on them, a chair each side and to chest at the top corners of the bed. I also placed torches at each corner of the house, lighting it up nicely


No comments:

Post a Comment